Young Caregivers Forums Relationships Advice on how to care for a parent

Started by casualmetaphor

Advice on how to care for a parent

My father was recently diagnosed with early-onset alzheimer’s and I don’t really know how to deal with it. We’ve never had the best relationship but now I have to care for him and I just feel overwhelmed. If anyone could offer advice on how you are able to care for your parents or general care-giving advice it would mean the world.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  • casualmetaphor

My father was recently diagnosed with early-onset alzheimer’s and I don’t really know how to deal with it. We’ve never had the best relationship but now I have to care for him and I just feel overwhelmed. If anyone could offer advice on how you are able to care for your parents or general care-giving advice it would mean the world.

kathleens

Welcome casualmetaphor. I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling overwhelmed. You might find this link helpful as you learn more about your father’s condition and caregiving: http://youngcaregiversconnect.ca/alzheimers-and-dementia/.

I’m so glad you reached out to connect on this platform. I hope while you’re here you find others who can connect with what you’re going through and can share tips about what helped them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)