Young Caregivers Forums Join the Conversation Burnout around the Holidays

Started by kathleens

Burnout around the Holidays

Let’s talk about the holidays. It can be a really special time of year for many, but with the weather and time changes (like why is it dark at 5pm??) and all the pressure that comes with holidays can be really hard. My family celebrates Christmas, which was tough when my mom was sick because other family members didn’t know what to do or how to help even though they were much older than me. And you hear so much about other people’s perfect holidays or vacations, I remember feeling resentful even though it wasn’t anyone’s fault! For those celebrating Hanukkah, I know it’s earlier than usual this year which is tough because it lines up so closely with exams! Are you excited for the holidays, or are you finding them stressful?

You might also be interested in our upcoming webinar about expectations vs. reality when it comes to the holidays. Here is the link: https://ontariocaregiver.ca/event/oco-webinar-caregiving-during-the-holidays-expectation-vs-reality-and-self-care/

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  • kathleens

Let’s talk about the holidays. It can be a really special time of year for many, but with the weather and time changes (like why is it dark at 5pm??) and all the pressure that comes with holidays can be really hard. My family celebrates Christmas, which was tough when my mom was sick because other family members didn’t know what to do or how to help even though they were much older than me. And you hear so much about other people’s perfect holidays or vacations, I remember feeling resentful even though it wasn’t anyone’s fault! For those celebrating Hanukkah, I know it’s earlier than usual this year which is tough because it lines up so closely with exams! Are you excited for the holidays, or are you finding them stressful?

You might also be interested in our upcoming webinar about expectations vs. reality when it comes to the holidays. Here is the link: https://ontariocaregiver.ca/event/oco-webinar-caregiving-during-the-holidays-expectation-vs-reality-and-self-care/

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)