Young Caregivers Forums Join the Conversation What’s your self-care routine?

Started by yashvidg

What’s your self-care routine?

Getting caught up with caregiving, can take up a lot of time, energy and effort. This can lead to people neglecting themselves, in case you needed a reminder today; it’s not selfish to take care of yourself and look out for your happiness too!

On that note, what’s your self care routine? How do you look after yourself after a hard day or long week?

Feel free to share and share ideas! 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  • yashvidg

Getting caught up with caregiving, can take up a lot of time, energy and effort. This can lead to people neglecting themselves, in case you needed a reminder today; it’s not selfish to take care of yourself and look out for your happiness too!

On that note, what’s your self care routine? How do you look after yourself after a hard day or long week?

Feel free to share and share ideas! 🙂

kathleens

Thanks for sharing, @yashvidg! Self-care is so important. I have really been enjoying going for walks, but I don’t know if that will be possible when winter comes! I hope to see some other (probably indoor!) ideas in this thread!

shewasinmymathclass

What worked for me was starting to work out and taking time to make meals at home. Both of these allowed me to take time for myself, even if it wasn’t everyday. However, I can understand that some young caregivers may not have the time to do either of these. I also started to read in the mornings with my cup of coffee before anyone else in my home woke up just so I would have the time to myself and really relax my mind before starting the day. I hope this helps someone 🙂

kathleens

Thanks for sharing, @shewasinmymathclass! I also consider my morning cup of coffee a key part of my self-care routine! Sometimes it’s all I can do but at least it starts the day off right 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)